- Capitalise on the continuing construction boom in Melbourne and Victoria.
- Autonomy to develop long term business opportunities.
- In demand products that tick the boxes for client requirements.
It’s no secret that construction in Victoria has boomed for the last few years, driven primarily by the continuing demand for large scale residential developments. Having generated exceptional opportunities across the education, housing and industrial construction sectors Victoria is continuing to offer sustained growth and subsequently a wealth of business development opportunities that can be identified and secured both now and for the future.
A unique and challenging role has just been created for a dynamic and customer-centric business development professional to take over full responsibility for all new and existing business relationships in Victoria.
Our client has delivered exceptional growth over the last 4 years, recently relocating to a substantially larger and more prestigious head office. Thanks to ongoing growth they have recently hired a team for Queensland and also attracted an exceptionally talented, senior lighting executive to assist with opportunities. With a dedicated internal support function the successful person will be able to hand over the majority of quoting and administration work to a centralised team. That will leave you more time to focus on what you do best. Establishing and developing relationships with existing and prospective clients.
What’s on offer.
- The chance to take full responsibility for all business development in Victoria.
- Join a growing business with a talented and dedicated team, committed to outstanding client results. Grow with the company.
- Unlimited financial reward package, which will continue to grow over the years as long-term client relationships are maintained.
- Make a genuine commercial difference to construction projects in Victoria. Establish deep business relationships and be able to look back and know your products are installed wherever you go in the future.
The role will cover the whole of Victoria, with Melbourne as the obvious focal point and will involve scheduling and conducting meetings with clients, who are primarily electrical contractors, to identify and secure opportunities to quote for lighting. Our client uses all of the up to date tools you would expect to enable improved identification and management of sales opportunities.
Because of their exceptional client relationships, quality quoting systems and documentation as well as dedicated logistics and support team, our client has gained trusted, long-term supplier relationships with clients and wins many of the opportunities they quote for.
This exceptional career opportunity would appeal to someone who can demonstrate;
- Experience of selling products/solutions to mid to large scale construction projects. We value personal qualities as much as commercial experience although knowledge and experience of selling to electrical contractors or construction projects generally will be beneficial. Prior knowledge or experience of electrical components, lighting or working with an electrical wholesaler will also be highly regarded.
- Excellent client management skills. Enjoys face to face client meetings and achieves positive outcomes from business presentations.
- A strong desire to succeed with the potential to dramatically grow the business in Victoria, in line with the existing massive potential.
- High energy and self-motivated.
- Integrity, honesty and professionalism.
If you are looking for a truly once in a lifetime, long-term career opportunity as part of a talented and passionate team, this role offers superb potential. A negotiable remuneration package to attract the best is being offered (including genuine $130,000 OTE package, depending on experience, plus company car and achievable $200,000 within the first 2 years) as well as long term career growth to ensure future development.
We have been exclusively retained to manage this recruitment process.
Apply now by sending your CV in complete confidentiality to Jeremy Hill, Principal Consultant quoting reference JH40127 to receive a priority response.