- Lead all construction and fitout projects nationwide.
- Key role in a dynamic and growing business. Substantial reward package, salary, vehicle, profit share.
- Premier opportunity of its kind in New Zealand. Genuine, long term, career-defining role.
Our client is a commercial fit out and construction specialist servicing a highly profitable specialist market in New Zealand. They have numerous clients offering repeat projects over many years as well as occasional prestigious projects for significant clients.
We have been exclusively engaged to recruit a talented and experienced Project Manager to be responsible for the delivery of all construction projects nationwide. This role will be responsible for ensuring client projects are completed on time and to budget, whilst maintaining quality and maximising profitability. Most projects are in Auckland but clients are nationwide.
As of now they have a record pipeline of projects secured for the next twelve months, coupled with ambitious growth targets for the next 5 years. The successful person will be an integral part of accomplishing the firm’s strategic growth plan and will be recognised as a highly valued team member. This is seen as a long-term career role in the business.
Specific duties will involve;
- Manage client construction and fit out projects across New Zealand, ensuring they are completed on time and to budget. Deliver exceptional outcomes for clients across multiple concurrent projects.
- Be the main point of contact and manage client relations from project start to handover and beyond. Liaise with the internal architect during the design process.
- Use project management software and plan construction schedules and budgets. Ensure effective cost control across projects. Maximise profitability for projects whilst maintaining high standards of quality.
- Manage all trades and sub-contractors. Source new tradespeople when required for projects.
- Effective site management across projects. Maintain compliance and health and safety standards (SSSP).
This is career-defining role for someone looking to maximise their potential and achieve their goals as part of a quality business experiencing record growth and set up for the long term.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Five years or more construction project management experience in New Zealand, ideally across a wide range of commercial projects. Experience across the “whole of construction” from planning, through construction to completion o handover.
- Retail, office, education or healthcare experience will be highly regarded but quality residential construction project management experience will be considered.
- Enthusiastic, professional and committed to a quality customer experience. Superb communication skills to interact successfully with clients and subcontractors.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, focused on results and with impeccable site management.
- Living within reasonable commute to Auckland as 70% of projects located there. Comfortable with nationwide travel as required. For example, there is an upcoming project in Wānaka.
- Eligibility to work within New Zealand.
This is a full-time, permanent role with the flexibility to work from a home office and/or from the company HQ near Auckland. The company is offering a superior remuneration package, which will include salary in the region of $130,000 to $150,000 plus benefits including vehicle (or vehicle allowance) depending on experience and expectations. There will also be a financial bonus scheme/profit share based on achievement of financial and operational targets which will be calculated and paid out quarterly. This amount could significantly increase the total value of the package and is aimed at recognising quality work and securing long term commitment to the business.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JHNZ40256 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail.