Hill Start International Pty Ltd currently provides quality solutions to clients across two business units: executive recruitment and outsourced sales and marketing.
Most of our recruitment work is for hard-to-find specialist roles and the outsourced sales and marketing division has helped many businesses dramatically increase their revenue, allowing several clients to move to much larger premises. We have completed numerous diverse client assignments over the last 10 years which have had a massive impact on our clients’ businesses. We have recently completed significant client assignments in Ballarat and are now in the process of creating a new division, combining our existing services, but servicing Ballarat.
This role is to work with the Director to identify new prospective clients in Ballarat using several different research methodologies. Then, primarily, there will be direct telephone outreach to researched clients to gain a better understanding of their relevant business requirements. Comprehensive training will be provided for this.
This role will be part time, 1-2 days per week until at least early 2024.
Specific duties will involve;
- Assist and provide input to the Director with regard to research, business development and marketing.
- Research businesses in Ballarat.
- Prepare and execute diverse sales and marketing campaigns with the Director. Social media analysis and especially telephone outreach.
- If there is interest, you could attend meetings with clients to further understand client’s complex requirements and potentially even grow to manage client assignments.
- Prepare activity and commercial analysis reports.
- Any other ad hoc work as required, such as general administration, producing reports, web research.
This is an entry level role, including full and ongoing training for a business which has grown steadily over the last few years and is now entering a new growth phase. Not only will this role be interesting, varied and challenging in the short term, but it could offer superb development potential for the future if you wish to take on a continuing role in the future. It is expected that the successful person will attend conferences and events as well as undertake formal/informal learning as an ongoing part of the role in the future.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate;
- Studying for or recently completed degree or tertiary education. Ideally some experience of managing projects or working as a team on for example business plans or marketing assignments as part of your study. Commerce or marketing study will be valuable, but we are flexible about specific qualification.
- A real interest in business and how companies operate. Genuine desire to research businesses.
- A desire to take early responsibility for projects and work independently to complete work.
- Curiosity coupled with a willingness to work hard and spend time on the telephone taking to a wide range of business executives.
- Ability to use technology proactively, including social media, whether for research or day to day communications.
- Exceptional communication capability to interact successfully with senior business executives on the telephone.
- You must be living in Ballarat currently. Eligibility to work within Australia.
You will be working with the Director to ensure client goals are achieved. The workplace is in Ballarat and there is flexibility for some working from home once training is complete. As part of an all-round reward package, you will be provided with current business tools to work effectively, such as PC/laptop/MS Surface Pro, mobile phone. There is flexibility as to how this role will operate, perhaps initially on a part time 1-2 days per week contract basis until early 2024 to allow for continuing studies or other employment, or even as a consulting assignment as a freelancer.
In the first instance please forward your CV and whatever supporting information you feel is necessary to the Director and Principal Consultant Jeremy Hill quoting reference JH40820.