Hill Start International Pty Ltd currently provides quality solutions to clients across two business units; executive recruitment and outsourced sales and marketing.
Most of our recruitment work is for hard-to-find specialist roles and the outsourced sales has helped many businesses dramatically increase their revenue. We have completed numerous diverse client assignments over the last 10 years which have made a massive impact on our clients’ businesses. We are in the process of creating a new division, complementary to our existing services, but servicing a specific area of Melbourne.
This role is to work with the Director to identify new prospective clients using several different research methodologies. There will also be an opportunity to provide input into new branding, website and marketing plan. And finally, there will be some direct telephone outreach to researched clients to gain a better understanding of their relevant business requirements. Comprehensive training will be provided for this.
This role will be part time, 1-2 days per week until Christmas 2023.
Specific duties will involve;
- Assist and provide input to the Director with regard to research, business development and marketing.
- Research businesses in Melbourne.
- Prepare and execute diverse sales and marketing campaigns with the Director. Social media analysis and telephone outreach. Creating and sending emails.
- If there is interest, you could attend meetings with clients to further understand client’s complex requirements.
- Prepare activity and commercial analysis reports.
- Any other ad hoc work as required, such as general administration, producing reports, web research.
This is an entry level role, including full and ongoing training for a business which has grown steadily over the last 5 years and is now entering a new growth phase. Not only will this role be interesting, varied and challenging in the short term, but it could offer superb development potential for the future if you wish to take on a full time/permanent role after your study finishes. It is expected that the successful person will attend conferences and events as well as undertake formal/informal learning as an ongoing part of the role in the future.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate;
- Studying for or recently completed degree or tertiary education. Ideally some experience of managing projects or working as a team on for example business plans or marketing assignments as part of your study. Commerce or marketing study will be valuable, but we are flexible about specific qualification.
- An interest in business and how companies operate. Genuine desire to research businesses.
- A desire to take early responsibility for projects and work independently to complete work.
- Curiosity coupled with a willingness to work hard and spend time on the telephone taking to a wide range of business executives.
- Ability to use technology proactively, including social media, whether for research or day to day communications.
- Exceptional communication capability to interact successfully with senior business executives on the telephone.
- You must be living in Melbourne currently. Eligibility to work within Australia.
You will be working with the Director to ensure client goals are achieved. The workplace is in Melbourne and there is flexibility for some working from home once training is complete. As part of an all-round reward package, you will be provided with current business tools to work effectively, such as PC/laptop/MS Surface Pro, mobile phone. There is flexibility as to how this role will operate, perhaps initially on a part time 1-2 days per week contract basis until Christmas 2023 to allow for continuing studies or other employment, or even as a consulting assignment as a freelancer.
In the first instance please forward your CV and whatever supporting information you feel is necessary to the Director and Principal Consultant Jeremy Hill quoting reference JH40817.