- Manage all steel detailing and drafting for client projects.
- Work between sales and project management to ensure designs are accurate and projects are delivered on time.
- Key role in a dynamic and growing business in Ballarat.
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to represent exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a well-established and growing business offering quality commercial construction solutions to clients across Melbourne and Victoria. They specialise in warehouse storage solutions, including mezzanine floors, mezzanine offices, pallet racking and warehouse shelving. They have a track record of successfully completing projects for clients and are continuing to grow.
We have been exclusively engaged to recruit a Steel Detailer/Draftsperson to take responsibility for the steel detailing and drafting process for client projects as well as coordinating production and interacting with manufacturing suppliers. This role is the result of an internal promotion and encompasses both steel detailing/drafting and coordinating production.
Specific duties will involve.
- Designing/drafting steel mezzanine floors and internal warehouse solutions and for client projects.
- Steel detailing to send off for fabrication.
- Drafting and ordering purlins.
- Ordering materials for projects. Sending purchase orders. Arranging transport.
- Liaise with sales and project managers, as well as fabrication partners to see projects through to completion.
The business is well-established and has excellent prospects for the future. This is a key role in the business and represents a secure long term career opportunity.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate.
- Knowledge and experience of steel detailing/drafting.
- Good software skills. Ideally Tekla experience.
- Could appeal to either an experienced steel detailer or recent graduate with good skills and ability to learn the role.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good understanding of relevant building codes and regulations in Australia.
- Looking for a long term role.
- Able to commute easily to the Ballarat office.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
This is a full time, permanent role based at the Ballarat head office. It is regarded as a long-term career role with the opportunity to develop your skills over time.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40254 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this in more detail.