- Premier opportunity of its kind in Melbourne. Take your interior design career to the next level.
- Lead all interior design and construction documentation to create fantastic workplaces for clients.
- Key role in a dynamic and growing business. Flexible and supportive culture.
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a commercial construction and fit out specialist providing solutions to quality corporate and govenment clients. Their projects are varied across office, healthcare, government and even warehouse and their project pipeline is growing as they continue to win more and higher value contracts. For example a current project is valued at roughly $1.25 million. Projects are primarily based in Melbourne but there are occasional jobs in regional Victoria.
We have been exclusively engaged to recruit a talented and experienced Interior Designer who will work with the management team and clients to oversee the entire design process for projects to ultimately deliver exceptional workspaces. This new role will be responsible for ensuring interior design concepts and documentation are delivered in good time and to a high standard whilst supporting a junior interior designer. The successful person will be a crucial part of accomplishing the firm’s strategic growth plan and will be recognised as a highly valued team member. This is seen as a long-term career role in the business.
Specific duties will involve;
- Work with internal staff and clients to understand project scope and requirements. Be the interface with the client to plan their unique workspace.
- Visit client locations in Melbourne and occasionally regional Victoria.
- Create concept designs, renders and working drawings, including layouts, floorplans, colours, furniture etc. Follow on with construction drawings, schedules and finishes.
- Create a comprehensive set of detailed construction drawings, as well as fixtures, fittings and equipment schedule for the building surveyor and project manager to deliver the build.
- Oversee and integrate the work of a less experienced interior designer.
This is a crucial role for an expanding business. As projects continue to increase in number and value a key part of superior project delivery is improved design capability. Superior delivery of projects for clients results in increased revenue opportunities and ensures the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service. This person will become a key member of an experienced and passionate team and offers long-term career development.
Consequently, to succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate;
- Qualification in Interior Design and/or Architecture.
- 4+ years experience in an interior design role in Australia. Knowledge and experience of commercial interior design will be preferred, but quality residential design experience will be considered.
- Desire and ability to be a main point of contact with the clients.
- Excellent CAD capability, ideally with Archicad but experience with similar BIM/CAD programs such as Revit and AutoCAD will be easily transferrable.
- Sound knowledge of Australian construction codes, including BCA requirements and guidelines.
- Creativity with an eye for quality design coupled with strong attention to detail to deliver accurate designs.
- Comfortable with travel to Melbourne (and occasionally other locations in Victoria) as required for projects.
- Eligibility to work within Australia. Driver’s licence and a vehicle for travel to regional office and client locations.
The role will ideally be full time and there would be some flexibility around working from home and the Melbourne office with one day per fortnight in a regional office and one day per week equivalent meeting with clients. The company is offering an attractive remuneration package in line with experience and expectations. Base salary will be negotiable depending on experience. but in the region of $100K plus super. For those with relevant experience earning more, feel free to reach out to discuss or apply and we can seriously consider your application.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40248 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail.