- Premier opportunity of it’s kind in Victoria. Have a real impact on the business.
- Manage the delivery of architectural design projects across Australia.
- Mentor and develop a team of 7 architectural designers/technicians.
Take your career to a new level with responsibility for nationwide commercial projects with team development and add real commercial value to the business.
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a commercial design, construct and fit-out specialist servicing a highly profitable niche market in Australia. They have both large-scale national clients with multiple nationwide projects and numerous smaller clients across Australia. They provide exceptional commercial outcomes by delivering projects on time and to budget. Importantly, they create unique commercial spaces for their clients, thanks to a talented internal architectural design team.
We have been exclusively engaged to recruit a talented, senior Architect who will work with the senior management team to oversee the architectural design and documentation process for client projects across Australia. This new role will be responsible for ensuring architectural design and documentation for projects is delivered in good time and to a high standard whilst mentoring and supporting a team of seven. The successful person will be a crucial part of accomplishing the firm’s strategic growth plan and a highly valued team member. This is seen as a long-term career role in the business.
Specific duties will involve;
- Manage projects through the design phase from sales handover to construction commencement including client design meetings. Deliver an exceptional client experience.
- Ensure timely completion of full construction plan sets and interior designs for client projects adhering to National Construction Code and Australian Standards. Present documentation packages for client review and ultimate sign off.
- Mentor, inspire and develop the design team (a mix of graduate architects and experienced architectural technicians) to deliver innovative and quality designs.
- Liaise with external consultants, engineers and project managers.
- Maximise efficiency in the department and get the best results from revit to enable improvements in design delivery.
This is a crucial role for a quality business. Even though they have been established for 30 years they are still passionate about clients and their projects. Superior delivery of design projects for clients ensures increased revenue opportunities and aligns with the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service. This person will become a senior member of an experienced and dynamic team.
This unique opportunity would suit an experienced architect looking to develop their career and use their skills to add genuine commercial value to an already successful business.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate;
- Architectural qualification (likely to masters level) and architectural experience ideally to include experience across commercial projects. Retail, office, education or healthcare design experience will be highly regarded.
- Experience of inspiring and developing junior architectural staff.
- Strong understanding of the NCC, Green Star and disability access requirements.
- Highly computer literate with good experience of Revit.
- First class communication skills with the experience to lead client meetings.
- Most likely at least 10 years Australian experience to ensure knowledge of relevant building standards.
- Full eligibility to work within Australia.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package in line with experience and expectations.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40245 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.