- Premier opportunity of it’s kind in Victoria. Have a real impact on the business.
- Coordinate the delivery of architectural design projects across Australia.
- Exceptional, long term career role for a stable and growing company.
Considering the next stage or your architectural career? Or maybe a move to Victoria/Melbourne?
Take your career to a new level with responsibility for nationwide design projects with team development and add real commercial value to the business.
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a commercial design, construct and fit-out specialist servicing a highly profitable niche market in Australia. They have both large-scale national clients with multiple nationwide projects and numerous smaller clients across Australia and provide exceptional commercial outcomes by delivering projects on time and to budget. Importantly, they create unique commercial spaces for their clients, thanks to a talented internal architecture studio.
We have been exclusively engaged to recruit a Design Manager who will work with the senior management team to coordinate the architectural design and documentation process for clients across Australia. This new role will be responsible for ensuring architectural design and documentation for projects is delivered in good time and to a high standard whilst mentoring and supporting junior/graduate architects. The successful person will be a crucial part of accomplishing the firm’s strategic growth plan and a highly valued team member. This is seen as a long-term career role in the business.
Specific duties will involve;
- Manage projects through the design phase from sales handover to construction commencement including client design meetings. Deliver an exceptional client experience.
- Ensure timely completion of full construction plan sets and interior designs for client projects adhering to National Construction Code and Australian Standards. Present documentation packages for client review.
- Mentor, inspire and develop the design team (mainly graduate architects) to deliver innovative and quality designs.
- Liaise with external consultants, engineers and project managers.
This is a crucial role for a rapidly expanding business. Superior delivery of design projects for clients ensures increased revenue opportunities and aligns with the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service. This person will become a senior member of an experienced and passionate team.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate;
- Architectural qualification and architectural experience ideally to include commercial design. Retail, office, education or healthcare design experience will be highly regarded.
- Enthusiastic, professional and committed to a quality customer experience.
- Strong understanding of the NCC, Green Star and disability access requirements.
- Experience or capability to inspire and develop a small but growing team of junior architects.
- Highly computer literate with experience of using Revit, Adobe and MS Office.
- First class communication skills with the experience and ability to lead client meetings.
- Minimum 7 years Australian experience to ensure knowledge of relevant building standards.
- Full eligibility to work within Australia.
The role will offer flexible working from home options with presence in the office in Geelong (45 mins from Melbourne) as necessary. The company is offering a superior remuneration package in line with experience and expectations.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40239 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.