Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to represent exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a commercial design, construct and fit-out specialist servicing a highly profitable niche market in Australia. They have both large-scale national clients with multiple nationwide projects and numerous smaller clients across Australia and provide exceptional commercial outcomes by delivering projects on time and to budget. Importantly, they create unique commercial spaces for their clients to ensure that they stand out in their marketplace.
We have been exclusively engaged to recruit a skilled and enthusiastic Senior Architectural Technician or Documentor who will be 2IC to the Design Director. This new role will be responsible for ensuring all architectural designs are delivered in good time and to a high standard and is seen as a long-term career role in the business.
Specific duties will involve.
- Complete architectural documentation packs for construction and fit-out projects across Australia. Full concept design and full documentation from tender to ultimately hand over to clients for construction.
- Work as a key, senior contact in the design team to inspire and coach junior design team members.
- Prepare work to a high standard and adhere to all required regulations e.g. NCC, Green Star and Disability Access.
- Coordinate and attend client meetings. Present documentation packages for client review.
- Liaise with external consultants, engineers and project managers. Prepare and submit detailed designs to local authorities.
The business is well-established and has excellent prospects for the future. They have survived and thrived over the last few years and operate in a relatively recession-proof industry sector. This is a crucial role for an expanding business. Ensuring quality documentation passes promptly through the design department for client projects ensures increased revenue opportunities and aligns with the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service. This person will become a key member of skilled and passionate team.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate.
- Architectural qualification coupled with quality architectural experience. Architectural experience for retail, commercial, office, education or healthcare projects will be especially of interest.
- Solid drafting and documentation capability.
- Highly computer literate with knowledge of Revit, Adobe suite and MS Office.
- First class communication skills to be able to lead and influence client discussions and meetings.
- Full eligibility to work within Australia.
The role will be based at the Geelong head office with working from home several days a week. There will also be occasional travel required to client locations across Victoria/Australia.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package in line with experience and expectations.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40238 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.