Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to represent exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
- Are you looking for a breath of fresh air where your skills and achievements will be recognised and valued in a commercial environment.
- Are you looking for a challenging senior architectural role offering long term stability, a dynamic yet flexible work culture and interesting projects.
- Do you want to be a key part of a skilled team and take on extra responsibility for mentoring graduate architects and championing quality design.
Our client is a commercial design, construction and fit-out specialist servicing a highly profitable niche market in Australia. Established 30 years ago, they have both large-scale national clients with multiple nationwide projects and numerous smaller clients across Australia. They have their own internal architectural design studio with 6 architectural design staff currently. Business is booming!
Importantly, they create unique commercial spaces for their clients to ensure that they stand out in their marketplace.
We have been exclusively retained to recruit a skilled and creative architect to spearhead creative design within the business and work closely with the Design Director and senior management team. This new role will be responsible for ensuring architectural designs are delivered in good time and to a high standard whilst maintaining client relationships and mentoring less experienced graduate architects in the team.
Specific duties will involve.
- Provide architectural designs for construction and fit-out projects across Australia. Complete concept design and full documentation from tender to ultimately hand over to clients for construction.
- Work as a key, senior contact in the design team to inspire and coach junior architectural design team members.
- Prepare work to a high standard and adhere to all required regulations e.g. NCC, Green Star and Disability Access.
- Coordinate and attend client meetings. Manage client relationships. Present documentation packages for client review.
- Liaise with external consultants, engineers and project managers. Prepare and submit detailed designs to local authorities.
The business is well-established and has excellent prospects for the future. They have survived and thrived over the last few years and operate in a relatively recession-proof industry sector. This is a crucial role for an expanding business. Creative and eye-catching designs for client projects ensures increased revenue opportunities and aligns with the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer satisfaction. This person will become a key member of skilled and passionate team and this is seen as a long term role within the business.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate.
- Architectural qualification coupled with quality architectural experience.
- Architectural experience for retail, commercial, office, education or healthcare projects will be especially of interest.
- Architectural design flair and creativity. Able to demonstrate exceptional design across projects.
- Leadership capability, ideally with experience of coaching/ mentoring junior architects.
- Highly computer literate with knowledge of Revit, Adobe suite and MS Office.
- Strong documentation skills.
- First class communication skills to be able to lead and influence client discussions and meetings.
- Full eligibility to work within Australia.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package in line with experience and expectations.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40229 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.