Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to represent exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a nationwide provider of specialist design, construction and fit out solutions to a highly profitable niche market in Australia. We have been exclusively engaged to recruit an enthusiastic new team member to add another all-round Architectural Designer to their busy design team.
This business has a track record of successfully completing projects nationwide and continues to reinforce their position as a design and market leader in their field. They understand their customers and provide high quality and creative design solutions to ensure that their clients also stand out in their marketplace.
Specific duties will involve.
- Provide architectural designs for construction and fit-out projects across Australia. Complete concept design and full documentation from tender to ultimately hand over to clients for construction.
- Prepare work to a high standard and adhere to all required regulations e.g. NCC, Green Star and Disability Access.
- Internal and external concept development, including architectural plans, floor plans and associated services (joinery, plumbing, electrical etc).
- Occasionally visiting client sites for evaluation and measurement.
- 3D concept modelling and rendering using Revit.
The business is well-established and has excellent prospects for the future. They have survived and thrived through COVID and operate in a relatively recession-proof industry sector. Working closely with a talented and passionate team of architects, there is plenty of scope to genuinely add design flair to interesting and challenging projects.
Due to the diverse skill set of the department, this role would most likely appeal to an architectural graduate, ideally with 1-2 years of architectural work experience. The remuneration on offer will align with your experience. This role represents a genuine career development opportunity for the long-term.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate.
- Degree or equivalent tertiary education in architecture.
- Architectural design and drafting knowledge and experience.
- Advanced rendering and 3D concept modelling skills, ideally with Revit.
- Good understanding of relevant building codes and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of Adobe and Microsoft Office products.
- Design flair.
- Willingness to work hard and become a long term member of an enthusiastic and professional team.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
- The role will be based at the Geelong headquarters and there may be occasional travel to client locations across Victoria/Australia.
This is a long-term career role with the opportunity to develop your skills and over time take on more responsibility within the business. Furthermore, this role represents a chance to work with some of the most creative and skilled architecture and design specialists in this sector in Australia.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40227 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this in more detail. Absolute confidentiality and discretion assured.