- Full time, permanent position. Varied and rewarding role.
- Quality, expanding Australian business. Long term career opportunity.
- Strong customer focus and great internal culture.
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a well-established and expanding company providing a wide range of vital products to the growing market in Australia. They have grown steadily since 2002 and are experiencing continued success by providing a substantial range of high quality products (which they both import/distribute and manufacture themselves) coupled with sector-leading customer service which puts their competitors in the shade. They pride themselves on having a corporate culture of continuous improvement, which fosters a dynamic team environment and supports a positive team culture and healthy work life balance.
Due to continued business expansion we have been asked to recruit a Warehouse Assistant to become a key member of this very important part of the business. This is a brand-new role based at the head office in the western suburbs of Melbourne. The main focus of the role will be to ensure that warehouse operations run smoothly and client orders leave the warehouse on time.
Specific duties will involve;
- Working as part of a small team covering all aspects of warehouse operations.
- Hours 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday with multiple breaks.
- Loading and unloading trucks with a forklift. Ensure all deliveries contain correct items.
- Enter all goods received onto warehouse system.
- Release back orders.
- Accurately pick and pack orders for customers. Update system with orders despatched.
- Work efficiently and safely in a fast-paced environment.
- Learn the company’s range of stock items and keep track of their place in the warehouse.
- Make suggestions to improve efficiency of warehouse operations.
This is a new and crucial role for an expanding business and will represent an interesting, challenging and fulfilling opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic person with all round experience gained in a busy warehouse. Ensuring goods are correctly received and despatched to customers in good time will allow the business to achieve its long-term goals. It also reinforces the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Positive, flexible and enthusiastic work attitude with attention to detail and commitment to achieving best results for the business and its customers.
- General warehouse experience gained in a fast-paced environment.
- Forklift licence.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new systems and the company’s products.
- Good, relevant IT skills. Ensuring the accuracy of data within the system.
- Commitment to safety and efficiency in the workplace.
- Ideally some mechanical aptitude to learn and get involved in product assembly and even repair if there is a quiet time during day to day work.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
The company is offering a quality remuneration package (basic salary of $50,000 to $54,000, super and occasional overtime, as well as recognition of commitment and achievement) to attract a talented and ambitious warehouse team member. Equally of value is the interesting and long-term career opportunity this role represents as part of a dynamic business.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40178 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.