Estimator – Construction – Gippsland
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is an innovative housing provider, designing and building high quality and sustainable modular homes. They have been extremely successful providing solutions to several highly profitable niche markets in Victoria and New South Wales.
They offer exceptional client outcomes by delivering new housing projects in good time and to suit a wide range of budgets. More importantly, they create quality, sustainable homes for their clients. This a family business, with 25 years’ experience in the building industry, yet they are using modern, highly successful marketing techniques, which in turn are delivering phenomenal demand from prospective customers. As a result, the business has grown rapidly over the last few years.
Based at the smart company headquarters near Sale in Gippsland and reporting to the Managing Director, this role will be an integral part of accomplishing their growth potential and the successful person will be a highly valued team member.
Specific duties will involve;
- Complete all estimating requirements and customer documentation for construction projects within a required time period.
- Preparing and documenting specific estimates in accordance with the design and construction brief.
- Liaise with various internal team members including Sales Consultants and Designers as well as the Purchasing and Construction teams as projects progress.
- Track construction projects through manufacturing process to identify potential cost changes and resolve any cost discrepancies.
- Provide overview analysis of all projects to identify trends and opportunities in the costing of projects.
This is a crucial role for an expanding business. There are always many customers waiting for estimates on their new home, so there is a substantial pipeline of business, which will only increase as the business continues to grow.
This is an exceptional career opportunity for an enthusiastic and customer-focused executive with knowledge and experience of estimating, ideally with a background in construction. There is genuine potential for a long and highly rewarding career, both financially and in terms of job satisfaction.
This is a full time, permanent role located at the head office in Gippsland. The headquarters is based in beautiful countryside near a busy provincial town with easy access to Melbourne, the mountains and the coast.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Knowledge and experience of estimating, ideally within the building industry.
- Good computer skills and experience of using estimating software.
- A high level of self-motivation, integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to comfortably manage and prioritise a heavy workload with strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to producing customer estimates in a specified timeframe.
- Sound knowledge of the Building Code of Australia.
- Exceptional communication skills to interact with and obtain information from staff and customers.
- Full eligibility to work in Australia.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package, which will include negotiable salary, super and use of mobile phone and laptop. In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40171 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail.