National Construction Project Manager – New Zealand
- Interesting and rewarding niche market in New Zealand. NO COMPETITION IN THIS MARKETPLACE.
- National role including travel to client sites in North and South Island.
- Superb opportunity for career and financial reward as a key part of this rapidly growing business.
Our client is a commercial fit out and construction specialist servicing a highly profitable niche market in Australia and New Zealand. They have both large national clients with multiple nationwide projects and numerous smaller clients with unique individual requirements. In New Zealand, they have virtually no competitors.
They offer exceptional client outcomes by delivering projects on time and to budget. More importantly, they create unique commercial spaces for their clients, thanks to a talented internal team offering an end to end design and construction service. With many years’ experience, this company understands their clients and provides unique solutions to ensure that they stand out in their marketplace also.
Having established a presence in Auckland six years ago the New Zealand business has grown rapidly creating an opportunity for a skilled Project Manager to take responsibility for all construction work nationwide in New Zealand. This role will be an integral part of accomplishing the strategic growth plan and the successful person will be a highly valued team member. While currently the sole Project Manager it is expected the role will develop quickly to include additional staff management.
Specific duties will involve;
- Effectively manage all client fit out and construction projects in New Zealand, ensuring they are delivered on time and to budget.
- Plan and ensure exceptional outcomes for clients across multiple concurrent projects.
- Plan construction budgets and deliver effective cost control across projects. Maximise profitability for projects.
- Work with internal teams in Australia and New Zealand to coordinate client requirements.
- Effectively manage all trades and services contractors/personnel.
- Maintain all compliance and health and safety standards across all projects.
This is a crucial role for an expanding business. Superior delivery of projects for clients results in increased revenue opportunities and ensures the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service. The successful person will become a key member of an experienced and passionate team and offers genuine long-term career development as the role grows.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Construction project management experience, ideally across a wide range of commercial projects, including ground up construction and ideally some exposure to civil works.
- Retail, office, education and especially healthcare experience will be highly regarded.
- Licensed Building Practitioner.
- Enthusiastic, professional and committed to a quality customer experience.
- Expert negotiator and problem-solver, focused on results with impeccable site management.
- Comfortable with nationwide travel as required.
- Eligibility to work within New Zealand.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package, which will include salary, benefits and vehicle in line with experience and expectations. There will also be the potential for an excellent financial bonus based on achievement of financial and operational targets.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40167 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Initial interviews will be held in Auckland in either the last week of August or first week of September 2017.
Add me on Skype with a message and I’ll contact you to discuss.