National Construction Project Manager – Commercial Projects, Auckland
Our client is a commercial fit out and construction specialist servicing a highly profitable vertical market in Australia and New Zealand. They have both large national clients with multiple nationwide projects and numerous smaller clients with unique individual requirements.
They offer exceptional client outcomes by delivering projects on time and to budget, which is all the more impressive as clients can have specific, challenging requirements and have high expectations for flawless project delivery. More importantly, they create unique commercial spaces for their clients, thanks to a talented internal team offering an end to end design to construction service. With many years experience they understand their clients and provide unique solutions to ensure that their clients stand out in their marketplace also.
Having established a presence in Auckland six years ago the New Zealand business has grown rapidly creating an opportunity for a skilled Project Manager to take responsibility for all construction work nationwide in New Zealand. This role will be an integral part of accomplishing the strategic growth plan and the successful person will be a highly valued team member. There are also plans to move to exciting new premises in Auckland soon.
Specific duties will involve;
- Effectively manage client fit out and construction projects in New Zealand, ensuring they are delivered on time and to budget.
- Plan and ensure exceptional outcomes for clients across multiple concurrent projects.
- Plan construction budgets and deliver effective cost control across projects. Maximise profitability for projects.
- Work with internal teams in Australia and New Zealand to coordinate client requirements.
- Effectively manage all trades and services contractors/personnel.
- Maintain all compliance and health and safety standards across all projects.
This is a crucial role for an expanding business. Superior delivery of projects for clients results in increased revenue opportunities and ensures the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service. The successful person will become a key member of an experienced and passionate team and offers genuine long-term career development.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Construction project management experience, ideally across a wide range of commercial projects, including ground up construction and ideally some exposure to civil works.
- Retail, office, education and especially healthcare experience will be highly regarded.
- Licensed Building Practitioner.
- Enthusiastic, professional and committed to a quality customer experience.
- Expert negotiator and problem-solver, focused on results with impeccable site management.
- Comfortable with nationwide travel as required.
- Eligibility to work within New Zealand.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package, which will include salary, benefits and vehicle in line with experience and expectations. There will also be the potential for excellent financial bonus based on achievement of financial and operational targets.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40157 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Initial interviews will be held in Auckland in October/November 2016.
Add me on Skype with a message and I’ll contact you to discuss.