Operations Assistant – New Role
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a well-established and expanding manufacturer of specialist engineered products for municipal and corporate clients in Australia. They have excellent long term relationships with customers and due to a revitalised management team are continuing to grow revenue and profits.
We are recruiting a talented and proactive manufacturing operations specialist to be the driving force between client orders and the manufacturing process internally. This is a brand new role, based at the head office in Geelong and will involve providing full operational support for a specialist division, effectively ensuring the manufacturing process for client orders proceeds smoothly and products are delivered on time.
This is a key role ensuring clients receive an exceptional level of operational support and ultimately a great customer experience, as well as timely delivery of their products. This in turn will impact future business and sales. Consequently, this is a high profile role and the successful person will be a highly valued team member.
Specific duties will involve;
- Receive client orders via ERP system and effectively manage all orders to delivery.
- Manage inventory for standard parts and particularly exceptional items. Ensure inventory adequate for manufacturing pipeline. Where necessary, negotiate and deal effectively with suppliers.
- Deal with client queries, requests for information and provide proactive input to project status.
- Work with internal staff, sales, production, operations and logistics staff to ensure products are completed and shipped on time.
- Produce and send invoices to clients.
- Occasionally project manage equipment installations for clients.
- Interact positively with clients to ensure an appreciation of company capabilities.
This is a new and crucial role for an expanding business. Exceeding client expectations in process and delivery of products will allow the business to achieve it’s long term goals. It also ensures the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Quality experience of managing client orders from sale to delivery, ideally (but not necessarily) within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent organisational skills to manage numerous concurrent client orders. The ability to schedule and prioritise accordingly.
- Strong IT skills to manage workflow through ERP system
- Experience of dealing positively and successfully with clients.
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers and purchasing key items.
- Positive and enthusiastic work attitude with an eye for detail and commitment to achieving best client outcomes.
- Able to commute daily to Geelong.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package to attract the best. Equally of value is the challenging, interesting and long term career opportunity this role represents as part of a dynamic and focussed business. You will be working within an established company framework, however there will be scope to make improvements as the volume of client orders grows over time.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40145 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.