Business Development Manager – Consumable Products
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a well-established provider of a wide range consumable products to the marketing and outdoor advertising sector in Australia. They have a massive range of quality products, vital to their clients and are quick to source exciting new products to the market.
We are recruiting a talented and proactive sales professional to source new clients across Victoria, especially metropolitan Melbourne, by using the telephone and conducting face to face client visits. The role will focus on generating new business relationships with key prospects, as well as increasing revenue from existing customers.
Based from very smart offices in Geelong and supported by a substantial warehouse stocked with products, the role will involve roughly 2 days per week on the telephone, speaking with clients and roughly 3 days a week visiting clients, again, mainly in Melbourne.
This company stands above their competitors, thanks to highly successful marketing capability, rapid product delivery and also a dedicated customer service team. They are positioned for substantial growth and the successful person will be a key part of that growth.
Specific duties will involve;
- Learn the company’s full range of products and their application for clients.
- Use existing customer database to source new clients.
- Schedule appointments and conduct sales meetings with prospective clients.
- Generate orders from new clients. Continue to win ongoing orders from clients.
- Two to three days a week office based, on the phone. Two to three days a week visiting clients in Melbourne and wider Victoria.
- Participate in promotional campaigns, recommending special offers to customers.
This is a very important role for an ambitious business. Whilst the product range is initially daunting, understanding the client’s requirements is key. As is establishing and maintaining quality client relationships. The successful person will have the opportunity to steer the path of their own success and long term career.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Quality business development experience gained ideally selling high volume, low value or consumable products to business clients.
- Enthusiastic about being on telephone and using direct contact with customers as a means to generating new and ongoing orders.
- Resilient and able to engage with clients to understand their unique requirements.
- Willing to learn the product range and be able to recommend the best products for customer requirements.
- A desire to become part of an exceptional business success.
- Able to work daily from the Geelong HQ and also willing to travel regularly to Melbourne for a busy day of client meetings.
- A team player with outstanding personal integrity and honesty.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
The company is offering a quality remuneration package to attract the best. There will be a good base salary as well as individual and team based bonuses. Also company vehicle and business tools.
Equally of value is the opportunity to join a business with exceptional growth potential.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40147 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.