Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to represent exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a nationwide distributor of specialist technical equipment to a highly profitable market in Australia. They source and sell vital products to clients which require installation, as well as ongoing service and preventative maintenance. We have been engaged to recruit a skilled and professional Service Technician who can join the team at this time of continued growth with a view to becoming the Service Manager in the short to medium term.
Established 30 years ago, this business has a track record of successfully providing quality equipment nationwide and continues to position themselves as a valued market leader in their field. They understand their clients and provide high quality solutions to ensure that their customers receive outstanding levels of product and service quality. This key role will be an integral part of accomplishing their strategic plan and the successful person will be a highly valued team member.
Specific duties will involve.
- Technical service and preventative maintenance work on client equipment both at client premises and in the workshop.
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment at client premises.
- Breakdown repair. Fault finding and problem solving.
- Management of parts, including input into ordering and stock control.
- Interact with internal staff and customers to provide technical support and maintain clear communication about technical service status/work in progress.
- Maintain clear and complete records of work using CRM system.
- Undertake continued professional development and specific product knowledge training.
The business is well-established and has excellent prospects for the future. They have survived and thrived over the last few years and operate in a relatively recession-proof industry sector. Working as part of a talented and passionate team, there is plenty of scope to advance your career as part of a nationally recognised, successful company.
There is a dedicated workshop in the warehouse at HQ, however a lot of the work will take place at client premises, usually in Victoria but occasionally interstate.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate.
- Strong technical service experience covering service, maintenance, repair and installation of complex technical equipment.
- Strong electrical capability, ideally with A Grade electrical licence. Also, mechanical skills and knowledge of electronics and pneumatics/hydraulics preferred.
- Excellent fault-finding skills and the natural desire to find solutions to complex problems with clients’ equipment.
- Comfortable working at client premises.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
The role will be based at the Geelong headquarters and there will be travel to client locations, primarily across Victoria and occasionally interstate.
This is a long-term career role with the opportunity to learn all aspects of these technical products, with a view to becoming the Service Manager when appropriate. A quality remuneration package is offered including negotiable salary, super and fully maintained company vehicle.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40219 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this in more detail.