Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to represent exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is an award-winning engineering consultancy delivering innovative structural engineering solutions to challenging client projects both in Australia and overseas. We have been exclusively retained to recruit a senior engineer who will be a key senior staff member and an integral part of the company’s continued success.
Operating for 30 years, this business has a track record of successfully completing complex and challenging design projects across a broad range of sectors, including marine and coastal infrastructure, bridges and temporary works. They create solutions to some of the most challenging construction scenarios and have many long-term relationships with clients in both the private and public sector.
Specific duties will involve;
- Work collaboratively with senior executives to deliver complex and innovative projects.
- Prepare engineering designs, calculations and verifications, specifications, technical reports and site reports.
- Oversee the work of the engineering and drafting team providing input and guidance to the engineers and drafters.
- Occasionally visiting client sites for evaluation and measurement and also to understand individual client requirements.
- Provide leadership in the absence of senior executives.
- Over time, take increasing involvement in commercial activities of the firm, for example tenders, client management, business development and commercial input.
This role would represent a superb career opportunity for a skilled structural engineer seeking to progress their career both through the delivery of interesting and challenging projects as well as through more commercial involvement with this business.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Degree in civil or structural engineering. Further tertiary qualifications preferred. RPEQ and CPEng preferred or at least a commitment to attain these memberships.
- Five years or more relevant work experience covering structural design for diverse and challenging projects, ideally with some exposure to either marine structural engineering, bridges and/or temporary works.
- Proven technical capability and problem-solving skills. Experience of managing and delivering projects within time frame and to budget.
- First class communication skills demonstrated in exposure to preparing reports and interacting with clients.
- Commercial and contractual awareness. Specifically looking to develop and progress your career to become more commercially involved.
- High standards of integrity and professionalism. Team working ethos.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
The role will be based at their impressive Brisbane headquarters and there may be occasional travel within Australia and overseas.
This is a long-term career opportunity to truly become a senior and integral part of an already impressive structural engineering firm. Furthermore, this role represents a chance to work with some of the most talented specialists in this sector in Australia. This is a key senior role for this business and salary package will be negotiable depending on experience.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40200 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this in more detail.