Service Technician – Electrician
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a well-established and expanding manufacturer of specialist engineered products for municipal and corporate clients in Australia. They have excellent long term relationships with customers and due to a revitalised management team are continuing to grow revenue and profits.
We are recruiting a skilled and hardworking Service Technician to carry out a wide range of service requests for clients across Victoria and especially in Melbourne. Based at either the head office in Geelong or the Melbourne location in Mount Waverley the role will primarily be field based fulfilling service, maintenance and repair requests to ensure a swift and successful outcome for clients.
The team currently consists of a fitter and turner and also a plumber, consequently they are seeking an A Grade (or similar level of capability) Electrician with mechanical aptitude to complement the team.
This is a key role ensuring clients receive an exceptional level of technical service, which in turn will impact future business and sales. Consequently, the successful person will be a highly valued team member.
Specific duties will involve;
- Receive client service requests and conduct client visits to provide scheduled maintenance/service or repair equipment.
- Commissioning of equipment.
- Complete all job reports and submit through system.
- Work with senior management to create best in class manufacturing facility.
- Work with the Service Manager to anticipate and ensure correct ordering of parts.
- Interact positively with clients to ensure a positive outcome and also promote company capabilities.
This is a crucial role for an expanding business. Superior delivery of service and repair work for clients will allow the business to achieve it’s long term goals. It also ensures the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service.
There will be substantial travel to client locations across Melbourne and Victoria. There will also be excellent opportunity for overtime work.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Strong technical capabilities in service, maintenance and repair of technical products.
- A Grade Electrical licence or similar capabilities. Current construction induction card. Current Victorian driver’s licence, ideally heavy rigid.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Experience and commitment to working to safety standards. Experience of working in confined spaces would be valuable.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package to attract the best, including hourly pay rate, overtime, time and a half or double time which can lead to substantial financial reward. Also business tools, phone and tablet for business use and fully serviced and fuelled business vehicle with tools. You may be able to use your existing tools. Equally of value is the long term career opportunity this role represents.
Hours will be based around 7.00am to 4.00pm, however there is flexibility and most team members prefer to start earlier to be able to get to jobs, especially in Melbourne, in good time.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40144 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.