- You want career satisfaction from seeing how the results of your work dramatically impact your clients’ business success.
- You want to take on challenging work, then work hard and be rewarded for the achievement of performance goals.
- You are ambitious and see yourself developing your career into a management role.
If you agree with the previous 3 statements, please read on.
Hill Start International Pty Ltd currently works with business clients across 2 divisions, executive recruitment and outsourced sales and marketing.
This role is to work within the outsourced sales and marketing division to learn all aspects of corporate sales and business development. Initial and ongoing training at the highest level of capability will be provided.
Skills covered will include corporate strategy, business development planning, the role of marketing in the sales process, customer contact management and managing business meetings. An important part of the role will be learning and producing statistical and commercial analysis of sales campaigns to evaluate results. There will also be plenty of opportunity to work closely with business leaders of some of Australia’s most exciting growth companies.
Specific duties will involve;
- Working with the Director and other team members to learn and ultimately execute a wide range of business development projects.
- Learn and understand a wide range of client businesses across Australia.
- Visit clients and be involved in business meetings in Melbourne (and potentially across Australia).
- Manage and undertake client business development projects.
- Learn to provide commercial input to client and internal projects.
- Maintain accurate records of activity.
- Undertake additional learning / training, as necessary.
This will be an interesting and diverse role, allowing a unique opportunity to join and become an integral part of a rapidly growing business. All learning will be at the very cutting edge of business management and development. It is expected that the successful person will attend conferences and events and undertake formal/informal learning as an ongoing part of the role. There will be an initial training period followed by continuing professional development.
This will be a long-term career role where you work towards a management position and could eventually lead to involvement in the business at the highest level.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate;
- Interest in and reasonable general knowledge of business.
- Degree level education. High capacity for continued learning.
- High level of attention to detail and project management capability.
- Excellent communication skills in order to convey complex ideas effectively and interact with senior business leaders both on the telephone and face to face.
- Comfortable using the phone a lot for client projects.
- Computer and internet skills.
- Able to multitask and manage numerous concurrent projects.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
The office is in Melbourne CBD near to Southern Cross station. We operate a relaxed yet professional work environment, so it is expected the successful person will be able to work under their own initiative, sometimes with close guidance and teamwork, other times using your own time management to ensure work is completed as required. We will provide all business tools necessary for the role including PC, MS Surface Pro or laptop, mobile phone and travel expenses as required for business purposes. You will also have access to our substantial corporate library, corporate office facilities and gym membership.
In the first instance, please submit your CV to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40800 who will be in touch with you to progress your application.