Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a commercial fit out specialist servicing quality clients across Victoria. Their projects are usually valued between $250k and $500k but they are increasingly winning larger contracts (over $1million). Projects are primarily based in Melbourne but there are occasional jobs in regional Victoria.
Due to this growth and an increase in project pipeline, they are seeking to add to the team with a talented and professional Construction Supervisor/Project Manager to deliver these ongoing projects. Furthermore, as the business grows it would be beneficial to have the Project Manager work with management to develop their project management methodology and processes.
Specific duties will involve;
- Work with internal staff and management to understand project scope and requirements.
- Be the interface with the client to communicate progress, manage issues and open/close the project.
- Effectively manage tradespeople/subcontractors to ensure work completed to a high standard.
- Understand and identify construction project challenges and manage problems if they arise.
- Manage financial aspects of the project, receive invoices and submit for payment. Maintain accurate and up to date records.
This is a crucial role for an expanding business. Superior delivery of projects for clients results in increased revenue opportunities and ensures the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service. This person will become a key member of an experienced and passionate team and offers long-term career stability.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate;
- Knowledge and experience of working on small to medium construction projects. Office, retail, hospitality, education or healthcare experience will be highly regarded, but quality residential experience will also be seriously considered.
- A sound understanding of construction methodology. Construction or building related qualification, or trade background.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy to operate independently and achieve project goals.
- Capable negotiator and problem-solver, focused on results with attention to detail. Able to confidently deal with problems if they arise.
- Comfortable with occasional state-wide travel as required for projects.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
Most projects are based in Melbourne, but there will be occasional travel to regional Victoria. There will also be weekly meetings at the corporate office.
The company is offering an attractive remuneration package in line with experience and expectations. Negotiable base salary will be in the region of $100K to $120K plus company vehicle, laptop etc.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40246 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail.