Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to represent exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a commercial design, construct and fit-out specialist servicing a highly profitable niche market in Australia. They have both large-scale national clients with multiple nationwide projects and numerous smaller clients across Australia and provide exceptional commercial outcomes by delivering projects on time and to budget. Importantly, they create unique commercial spaces for their clients’ projects to ensure that they stand out in their marketplace.
We have been exclusively retained to recruit a skilled and creative Senior Architectural Designer. This new role will be responsible for ensuring all architectural designs are delivered in good time and to a high standard and is seen as a long-term career role in the business. The company has decided it would like to employ someone to work remotely from a home office whilst visiting HQ once a week/fortnight as required.
Specific duties will involve.
- Provide architectural designs for construction and fit-out projects across Australia. Complete projects from concept design and full documentation to ultimately hand over to clients.
- Prepare work to a high standard and adhere to all required regulations e.g. NCC, Green Star and Disability Access. Present documentation packages for client review.
- Liaise with external consultants, engineers and project managers. Prepare and submit detailed designs to local authorities.
- Internal and external concept development, including architectural plans, floor plans and associated services, with a focus on design. 3D concept modelling and producing renders for client projects using Revit.
- Occasionally visiting client sites for evaluation and measurement.
The business was founded 30 years ago and has excellent prospects for the future. They have survived and thrived through COVID and operate in a relatively recession-proof industry sector. Working as part of a talented and passionate design team, there is plenty of scope to genuinely add design flair to interesting and challenging projects.
Due to the diverse skill set of the department, this role would most likely appeal to a talented architectural with more than 5 years of quality architectural experience. There is flexibility with this role and it could appeal to a skilled architect at any stage of their career. Experience of commercial architectural design such as retail, commercial, office, education or healthcare will be especially of interest. The remuneration on offer will align with your experience.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate.
- Architectural qualification and architectural experience. Residential or commercial architectural design experience will be considered. However, retail, commercial, office, education or healthcare design experience will be especially of interest.
- Architectural design flair and creativity. Able to demonstrate exceptional design across projects.
- Highly computer literate with knowledge of Revit, Adobe suite and MS Office.
- First class communication skills to be able to lead and influence client discussions and meetings as required.
- Willing and able to travel to Geelong head office as required.
- Full eligibility to work within Australia.
The role will be based remotely at your “home office” with occasional travel to the Geelong headquarters and there may be occasional travel to client locations across Victoria/Australia.
This is a long-term career role with the opportunity to develop your skills and over time. Furthermore, this role represents a chance to work with some of the most creative and skilled architecture and design specialists in this sector in Australia.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40226 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this in more detail.