- Lead the delivery of all architectural design projects across Australia and New Zealand.
- Use your flair for design to make each project unique for clients.
- Exceptional, long term career role for a stable and rapidly growing business.
Design Director – Architect
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a commercial fit out and construction specialist servicing a highly profitable vertical market in Australia. They have both large scale national clients with multiple nationwide projects and numerous smaller clients with individual requirements.
They offer exceptional client outcomes by delivering projects on time and to budget. More importantly, they create unique commercial spaces for their clients, thanks to a talented internal team offering an end to end service. They understand their clients and provide high quality solutions to ensure that their customers stand out in their marketplace also.
We have been retained to recruit a Design Director who will lead all aspects of the architectural design process for clients across Australia and New Zealand. Both of these markets are expanding. Currently the role will supervise a talented Graduate Architect and ultimately ensure client design projects are delivered promptly. This is a new role will and will be an integral part of accomplishing the company’s strategic growth plans, which include dramatically raising their capabilities and profile with regard to leadership in architectural design. Consequently, the successful person will be a highly valued team member.
Specific duties will involve;
- Provide full drafting and architectural service for all design, construction and fit-out projects across Australia and New Zealand.
- Prepare to a high standard and following all required regulations, internal and external concept modelling, including architectural plans, floor plans and associated services.
- Supervise Graduate Architect and provide ongoing support and development.
- Liaise with internal Consultants and clients directly to understand their specific and unique requirements.
- Visit client sites for evaluation and measurement and also to understand individual client requirements.
This is a crucial role for an expanding business. Superior delivery of first class architectural designs for client projects results in faster project turnaround and increased revenue opportunities. It also ensures the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service. This person will become a key member of an experienced and passionate team and offers long-term career development.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Degree or equivalent education in architecture.
- Quality architectural design experience, ideally working on commercial projects.
- Technically strong with proven design creativity.
- Experience of using Revit.
- Comfortable with occasional travel to meet clients both across Australia and New Zealand.
- Enthusiastic, professional and committed to providing a quality outcome for customers.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
This client is located south west of Melbourne and the role will be based at their new corporate HQ. There will be occasional travel required to client sites across Australia and New Zealand.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package to attract the best, to be negotiated based on experience, capabilities and potential for the future. Equally of value is the long term career development opportunity this role represents.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40133 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.
0424 122 179 to discuss.