Graduate Trainee – Technology Recruitment
- Quality. Be deeply involved in shaping the future of some of the most exciting tech companies in Australia today.
- Challenge. Test your skills and find new ways to get the best results for clients. Have real involvement and input on projects. Learn more in 6 months than you could in 2 years in many mainstream roles.
- Diversity. Work on a wide range of recruitment assignments for a broad spectrum of clients in the technology sector. High growth entrepreneurial companies to multi-billion-dollar corporates.
Hill Start International Pty Ltd currently provides quality solutions to clients across two business units, executive recruitment and outsourced sales and marketing.
Following consistent and sustained growth since 2012 we are expanding to capture a share of the most exciting sector in the recruitment marketplace. Technology recruitment. Consequently, there is a need for an enthusiastic and hard-working person to join the company at this next growth phase.
This role is to work in the technology recruitment division and will involve learning all aspects of both the recruitment process and the most in-demand technology skills to ultimately be able to generate and manage recruitment assignments for clients. We have completed numerous diverse client assignments over the last 5 years and the work is always interesting and challenging.
Specific duties will involve;
- Assist the technology recruitment division with the entire recruitment process. Primarily focusing on sourcing new clients and completing recruitment assignments.
- Research a broad range of industry sectors to identify prospective new clients, client decision makers and prospective candidates looking to progress their careers.
- Undertake general telephone contact with prospective clients to identify and secure recruitment briefs. Visit client premises to present our recruitment capabilities.
- Speak with and interview potential candidates for client job roles as well as managing job advert responses.
- Prepare and execute diverse sales and marketing campaigns with the Director.
- Any other ad hoc work as required, such as general administration, producing reports, web research and supporting clients.
This is an entry level role, including full and ongoing training for a business which has maintained positive growth and long-term client relationships over the last 5 years. Not only will this role be interesting, varied and challenging in the short term, but it will offer superb development potential for the future. Initially there will be a comprehensive 6-week training program. Rapid progression to a genuine consulting role is expected and there will be genuine career opportunities for the future as this division grows.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate;
- Degree or equivalent education. High level of intellectual capability to understand client businesses.
- Exceptional communication capability to interact successfully with business executives and technology specialists.
- Strong interest in technology. Ideally knowledge of the latest technology trends and workforce tech tools.
- Enthusiasm, determination and commitment to get the best results for clients.
- Proactive approach to work with good time management to ensure projects are completed as planned.
- Confidence to be involved in face to face business meetings and telephone conversations with a wide range of people.
- A desire to take early responsibility for projects and managing client relationships.
- Willingness to work hard and spend plenty of time on the telephone taking to prospective clients and job applicants.
- Ability to use technology proactively, including social media, whether for research or day to day communications.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
The office is in Central Melbourne, accessible by public transport and is a relaxed yet professional environment. As part of an all-round reward package including basic salary plus substantial potential bonus, you will be provided with current business tools to work effectively, such as PC/laptop/MS Surface Pro, mobile phone and business travel expenses. We also provide fruit, drinks and snacks as well as regular business meetings over lunch/coffee.
In the first instance please email your CV quoting reference JH40794 to Jeremy Hill, Director and Principal Consultant.