- Premier opportunity of its kind in Victoria. Have a real impact on the business.
- Coordinate the delivery of architectural design projects across Australia. Establish a new office location in Melbourne.
- Exceptional, long term career role for a stable and growing company.
Take your career to a new level with responsibility for nationwide design projects and add real commercial value to the business. Open your own architectural design office in Melbourne.
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a commercial design, construct and fit-out specialist servicing a highly profitable niche market in Australia. They have both large-scale national clients with multiple nationwide projects and numerous smaller clients across Australia and provide exceptional commercial outcomes by delivering projects on time and to budget. Importantly, they create unique commercial spaces for their clients, thanks to a talented internal architecture studio.
We have been exclusively engaged to recruit a Senior Architect who will work with the senior management team to coordinate the architectural design and documentation process for client projects across Australia. This new role will be responsible for ensuring architectural design and documentation for projects is delivered in good time and to a high standard whilst mentoring and supporting junior/graduate architects. The successful person will be a crucial part of accomplishing the firm’s strategic growth plan and a highly valued team member. This is seen as a long-term career role in the business.
The business is based in Geelong, Victoria, about an hour southwest of Melbourne but they have clients and projects across Australia and especially in Melbourne. They are looking for a skilled architect who can establish an office location in Melbourne, to be able to easily manage clients and projects, as well as complete work and mentor junior team members remotely.
Specific duties will involve;
- Manage projects through the design phase from sales handover to construction commencement including client design meetings. Deliver an exceptional client experience.
- Ensure timely completion of full construction plan sets and interior designs for client projects adhering to National Construction Code and Australian Standards. Present documentation packages for client review.
- Mentor, inspire and develop the design team (mainly graduate architects) to deliver innovative and quality designs.
- Liaise with external consultants, engineers and project managers.
- Devise tender and scope documents and develop project specifications documentation.
This is a crucial role for a rapidly expanding business. Superior delivery of design projects for clients ensures increased revenue opportunities and aligns with the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service. This person will become a senior member of an experienced and passionate team.
This role would suit an experienced architect looking to develop their career and take additional responsibility for managing client projects whilst establishing an office in Melbourne. It is likely that additional staff members will be needed to join this office team as time progresses.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate;
- Architectural qualification and architectural experience ideally to include commercial design and documentation. Retail, office, education or healthcare design experience will be highly regarded.
- Enthusiastic, professional and committed to a quality customer experience. High level of responsibility and trustworthiness.
- Strong understanding of the NCC, Green Star and disability access requirements.
- Comfortable operating remotely. Experience or capability to lead, inspire and develop a small but growing team remotely. Occasional travel to Geelong HQ.
- Highly computer literate with good experience of Revit, Adobe and MS Office.
- First class communication skills with the experience and ability to lead client meetings.
- Minimum 7 years Australian experience to ensure knowledge of relevant building standards.
- Full eligibility to work within Australia.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package in line with experience and expectations. As a guide we are looking roughly in the region of $120,000 plus super, although the final package would be negotiable.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40240 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.