- You’ve been working as a graduate/ architect or architectural drafter/ designer in an architectural or building design firm or in a construction business and are looking to advance your career by being deeply involved in a wide range of quality projects on a larger scale at perhaps a national level.
- You’ve gained solid skills with CAD systems, ideally Revit, and are looking to put those to good use.
- You are looking for autonomy and the chance to work in a dynamic, yet supportive meritocracy. To effectively be the master of your own career development.
- You relish the opportunity to work with clients to solve their design challenges and deliver the workplace of their dreams.
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to represent exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a nationwide provider of specialist design, construction and fit out solutions to a highly profitable niche market in Australia. Due to continued business growth from new and existing clients we have been exclusively engaged to recruit a new addition to their busy architectural design team.
This business has a track record of successfully completing projects nationwide and continues to reinforce their position as a design and market leader in their field. They understand their customers and provide high quality and creative design solutions to ensure that their clients also stand out in their marketplace.
As a guide, specific duties will involve.
- Provide architectural drafting and documentation for construction and fit-out projects across Australia. Complete work from concept design to full documentation.
- Prepare work to a high standard and adhere to all required regulations e.g. NCC, Green Star and Disability Access.
- 3D concept modelling and rendering using Revit.
- Liaise with external consultants, engineers and project managers. Prepare and submit detailed designs to local authorities.
- Interaction with clients, including planning and delivery of project goals, whilst occasionally visiting client sites for evaluation and measurement.
The company was founded 30 years ago and has excellent prospects for the future. They have survived and thrived through COVID and operate in a growing and relatively recession-proof industry sector. Working as part of a talented design team, there is plenty of scope to develop your own career as well as genuinely add design flair to interesting and challenging projects.
Due to the mixed level of skillsets and capability within the design team currently we are flexible about level of experience and always open to a discussion. What will remain, regardless of level of experience, will be the opportunity to develop your skills and progress your career as part of a dynamic and progressive business.
The role will be based at the Geelong headquarters and there will be occasional travel to client locations across Victoria/Australia. The remuneration on offer will align with your experience and make this move a positive step for you.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH402321 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.