- Rapid growth, highly professional horticultural/landscape construction and maintenance firm.
- Genuine long term career role for purchasing specialist with interest in horticulture/plants/gardening.
Purchasing and Logistics Coordinator – horticulture/garden supplies
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a rapidly expanding, quality driven landscape construction and maintenance firm, creating and maintaining high quality gardens for many high-profile individual and corporate clients in Brisbane. They have been extremely successful providing first class solutions to ensure clients receive the very best care and maintenance for their prized gardens.
This a dynamic family business whose founders and staff are passionate about horticulture and providing the best quality service and plants to clients. We have been asked to recruit a procurement expert to manage relationships with nurseries and plant suppliers across Brisbane and ultimately control all company purchasing and logistics ensuring they get the best quality and value for plants and garden supplies for their clients.
This role will be an integral part of accomplishing their growth potential and the successful person will be a highly valued team member.
Specific duties will involve;
- Manage all purchasing operations within the business.
- Manage and develop quality supplier relationships to ensure suppliers go out of their way to deliver the best quality products.
- Negotiate ongoing deals with suppliers to ensure best value. Source additional quality suppliers.
- Improve existing system and even implement a new purchasing system.
- Manage logistics/delivery function to ensure all plants and supplies get to client projects at the specified time.
This is a crucial role for an expanding business. Ensuring best quality products and best relationships with suppliers is absolutely key to continued business success. Similarly, ensuring logistics delivers correct plants to client projects is vital.
This is an exceptional career opportunity for an enthusiastic and professional purchasing specialist with genuine knowledge and interest in horticultural products, native Queensland flora and gardening generally. There is genuine potential for a long and highly rewarding career, to take full responsibility for all purchasing and logistics for this top quality business.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Excellent knowledge of native Queensland flora/horticultural products with a genuine passion for gardening.
- Knowledge and experience of purchasing within a business.
- Ideally good knowledge of Brisbane and SEQ nurseries and horticultural product suppliers.
- Extremely well organised and able to manage a substantial and highly varied workload. Commitment to ensuring work is done so the business can continue to be successful.
- Commercial acumen and willingness to get the best results from suppliers. Willing to negotiate product price where applicable.
- Eligibility to work in Australia. Commitment to a long-term career in this sector.
The role will be located in central Brisbane at the company’s impressive and professional office.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package to attract the best.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40197 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail.