Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia. We have been exclusively retained for this assignment to recruit a talented Design Manager to lead the design and drafting team.
Our client is an innovative housing provider, designing and building high quality and sustainable homes. They have been extremely successful providing solutions to several highly profitable niche markets in Victoria and New South Wales. Business is booming.
They offer exceptional client outcomes by delivering new house builds in good time and to suit a wide range of budgets. More importantly, they create high quality, robust and environmentally friendly homes for their customers. This is a well-established and stable business, yet they are using modern, highly successful marketing techniques which in turn are generating phenomenal demand from prospective customers.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will be an integral part of accomplishing this company’s exceptional growth potential and the successful person will be a highly valued, senior team member. In turn this role will offer an unprecedented career opportunity for a talented and dynamic team leader with proven building design experience.
Specific duties will involve;
- Oversee all building design, drafting and interior design work for clients. Personally manage select building design projects.
- Lead and manage a team of 4 (expected to increase over time) covering drafting and interior design. Oversee team workflow to ensure customers receive their designs in good time. Staff training and development.
- Ensure all designs are accurate, match client specifications and follow relevant building codes in Victoria and New South Wales.
- Ensure processes and procedures are fit for purpose and able to accommodate continued increase in workload. Provide recommendations to improve processes where necessary.
- Consult with customers directly to provide guidance regarding building regulations and planning options as well as inspired ideas to create their dream home.
- Provide design input into new products and new building designs which align with customer and market opportunities.
This is a crucial role for a dynamic and rapidly expanding business. There are always many customers waiting to be delighted with their new home designs, so there is a substantial pipeline of business, which is forecast to increase greatly over time. As such there is genuine potential for a long and highly rewarding career, both financially and in terms of job satisfaction.
This is a full time, permanent role located at their recently-renovated and expanded office in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Proven experience of managing building design operations. Capability to cope with substantial increase in volume of work over time.
- Advanced computer skills, especially building design software, in this instance ARCHICAD.
- Ability to comfortably manage and develop a dedicated team of drafters.
- Passion and genuine desire to provide the very best home designs to suit individual customer requirements. Willing to get involved personally with client design projects.
- Sound knowledge of the Building Code of Australia.
- First class communication skills to lead the team and provide quality solutions for customers.
- A high level of self-motivation, creativity and professionalism.
- Full eligibility to work in Australia.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package, which will include negotiable salary, super and use of mobile phone and laptop. Equally of interest would be the superb career opportunity this role would represent.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40195 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.