Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a well-established and expanding distributor of a wide range of vital technical products to a highly profitable market for government and corporate clients in Australia. They have excellent long-term relationships with customers and due to increasing demand for their products are continuing to grow revenue and profits. This is a superb business with solid expansion plans, which is relocating to larger premises in the short term.
We are recruiting a dedicated and hardworking Warehouse Storeman to take full responsibility for managing a busy warehouse. The role will be varied and interesting covering the full range of warehouse management duties as well as some mechanical work to provide basic assembly of a range of their products.
Working as part of a small but committed team this is a key role ensuring warehouse operations continue to run smoothly, which in turn will impact future business success. Consequently, the successful person will be a highly valued team member.
Specific duties will involve;
- Receive and check all goods into the warehouse. Ensure goods received are stored in correct locations.
- Pick and pack orders for customers and installers to ensure goods despatched on time. Manage freight.
- Annual stocktake.
- Some mechanical assembly of product components.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness of the warehouse environment.
- Interact positively with staff and clients to provide information about stock availability and orders.
This is a crucial role for an expanding business. Superior management of warehouse operations will allow the business to achieve its long-term goals. It also delivers on the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- All round warehouse management experience.
- Well organised with good systems skills.
- Forklift licence.
- Ability to lift 25kgs and occasionally more.
- Experience and commitment to keeping the warehouse organised and tidy.
- Honest, reliable and proactive.
- Basic mechanical capability.
- Experience of warehouse relocation or set up would be highly valued although not specifically required.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package to attract the best, including annual salary and super. Equally of value is the long-term career opportunity this role represents.
Hours will be 7.00am to 4.00pm or 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40194 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.