Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a commercial design, construct and fit-out specialist servicing a highly profitable niche market in Australia. They have both large-scale national clients with multiple nationwide projects and numerous smaller clients across Australia and provide exceptional commercial outcomes by delivering projects on time and to budget. Importantly, they create unique commercial spaces for their clients, thanks to a talented internal team offering an end to end service. They understand their clients and provide high quality design solutions to ensure that their customers stand out in their marketplace.
We have been exclusively retained to recruit a Design Director who will lead the architectural design and documentation process for clients across Australia. Reporting to the Projects Director, this new role will be responsible for ensuring all architectural design and documentation is delivered in good time and to a high standard whilst supervising an enthusiastic and skilled team of designers. Furthermore, this role will review and improve systems and processes within the design team to improve workflows. Consequently, the successful person will be a crucial part of accomplishing the firm’s strategic growth plan and a highly valued team member. This is seen as a long-term career role in the business.
Specific duties will involve;
- Manage projects through the design phase from sales handover to construction commencement including client design meetings. Deliver an exceptional client experience.
- Ensure timely completion of full construction plan sets and interior designs for client projects adhering to National Construction Code and Australian Standards. Present documentation packages for client review.
- Lead, inspire and develop the design team to deliver innovative and quality designs. Coordinate and chair design team meetings.
- Liaise with external consultants, engineers and project managers.
- Devise tender and scope documents and develop project specifications documentation.
This is a crucial role for a rapidly expanding business. Superior delivery of design projects for clients ensures increased revenue opportunities and aligns with the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service. This person will become a senior member of an experienced and passionate team.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate;
- Architectural qualification and architectural experience ideally to include commercial design. Retail, office, education or healthcare design experience will be highly regarded.
- Enthusiastic, professional and committed to a quality customer experience.
- Strong understanding of the NCC, Green Star and disability access requirements.
- Experience or capability to lead, inspire and develop a small but growing team.
- Capability to review, suggest and deliver improvements to systems and processes to streamline workflow and improve the delivery schedule of client design projects.
- Highly computer literate ideally with experience of using Revit, Adobe and MS Office.
- First class communication skills with the experience and ability to lead client meetings.
- Full eligibility to work within Australia.
The role will be based at the Geelong head office and
many of the projects are in Melbourne and wider Victoria, however there will be
some travel required to client locations across Australia.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package, which will include salary and super in line with experience and expectations.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40193 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.