Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a well-established and expanding distributor of a wide range of vital technical products to a highly profitable market for government and corporate clients, but also end user customers in Australia. They have excellent long-term relationships with customers and due to increasing demand for their products are continuing to grow revenue and profits.
We are recruiting a skilled and hardworking Service Technician to carry out a wide range of service requests for clients across Victoria, especially in Melbourne. Based at the head office in Hallam and working remotely the role will primarily be field based fulfilling service, maintenance and repair requests to ensure a swift and successful outcome for clients.
Working as part of a small but committed team the role will be varied, busy and interesting meeting with a full range of clients to solve their service issues.
This is a key role ensuring clients receive an exceptional level of technical service, which in turn will impact future business and sales. Consequently, the successful person will be a highly valued team member.
Specific duties will involve;
- Receive client service requests and conduct client visits to provide maintenance, service or repair of equipment.
- Fault finding to identify exact service or repair requirements.
- Install client equipment.
- Complete all job reports and submit through system.
- Work with the Service Manager to anticipate and ensure correct ordering of parts.
- Interact positively with clients to ensure a great outcome and also promote company capabilities.
- Specific training will be provided.
This is a crucial role for an expanding business. Superior delivery of service and repair work for clients will allow the business to achieve its long-term goals. It also ensures the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer care.
There will be substantial travel to client locations across Melbourne and Victoria, including occasional overnight travel in wider Victoria (usually scheduled well in advance).
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Strong technical capabilities in service, maintenance and repair of technical products, especially mechanical but also reasonable electrical capability.
- Current Victorian driver’s licence.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Experience and commitment to working to safety standards. Able to perform occasional heavy lifting of equipment (although there are electric carts to help with this) and climbing ladders.
- Current (or willing to get) working with children and police check.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package to attract the best, including annual salary of $60,000 to $70,000, depending on experience, plus vehicle and super. Also business tools, phone and tablet for business use. Equally of value is the long term career opportunity this role represents.
Hours will be 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40190 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.