Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a well-established and expanding company providing a wide range of vital products to a large, specialised market in Australia. They have grown steadily since 2002 and are experiencing continued success by providing a substantial range of high quality products (which they both import/distribute and manufacture themselves) coupled with sector-leading customer service which puts their competitors in the shade. They pride themselves on having a corporate culture of continuous improvement, which fosters a dynamic team environment and supports a positive team culture and healthy work life balance.
We have been retained to recruit a Purchasing and Accounts Assistant to become a key member of this very important part of the business. This is a new role based at the modern head office in the western suburbs of Melbourne. The main focus of the role will be to provide administrative support to the General Manager maximising success of the purchasing and inventory management functions of the business as well as ensuring that the accounts receivables function runs smoothly.
Specific duties will involve;
- Working as part of a small team covering all aspects of purchasing and stock control as well as the accounts receivable function in Australia. Ensure all system data is accurate and up to date.
- Deal effectively with suppliers, negotiate where necessary and process all documentation to ensure suppliers information is up to date.
- Manage inventory to ensure adequate stock is at the warehouse to meet customer demand.
- Debtor management and credit control to client accounts. Build relationships with customer contacts to reduce debtor days and improve speed of payment by customers.
- Provide admin support to the General Manager, booking travel, organising team celebrations as well as client gifts/promotions.
- Occasional banking of cash and cheques.
- Make suggestions to improve efficiency of business operations.
This is a new and crucial role for an expanding business and will represent an interesting, challenging and fulfilling opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person with all round experience gained stock control and purchasing ideally with some accounts experience also. Ensuring the purchasing and inventory function is managed successfully will allow the business to achieve its long-term goals. Consequently, this is an important and highly regarded role in the business.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Positive, flexible and enthusiastic work attitude with attention to detail and commitment to achieving the best results for the business.
- Experience of inventory and stock control and purchasing gained in a commercial environment.
- Experience of using an inventory/accounting or ERP system to process and manage supplier data, inventory and accounts receivable. Ensure the accuracy of data within the system. MS Office skills.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new systems and the company’s processes.
- Credit control and debtor management skills.
- Trustworthy and reliable with a high level of numeracy.
- Highly organised with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work every day in the western suburbs of Melbourne and with a commitment to a long-term career role.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
Flexible, full time working hours Monday to Friday. The company is offering a quality remuneration package to attract a talented and ambitious team member. Equally of value is the interesting and long-term career opportunity this role represents as part of a dynamic business.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40179 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Confidentiality and discretion assured.