Building Designer/ Architectural Draftsperson – Residential Construction – Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia. Our client is an innovative housing provider servicing several highly profitable niche markets in Victoria and New South Wales.
They offer exceptional client outcomes by delivering new housing projects in good time and to suit a wide range of budgets. More importantly, they create high quality, sustainable homes for their clients. This a family business, established for 25 years, yet they are using modern, highly successful marketing techniques, which in turn are delivering phenomenal demand from prospective customers. Due to this exceptional demand they are growing very rapidly.
This role will be an integral part of accomplishing their growth potential and the successful person will be a highly valued team member.
Specific duties will involve;
- Take responsibility for the design and documentation of new homes for customers, including preparation of working drawings and drafting of new home specifications.
- Interact positively with customers to understand their requirements and convert their ideas, sketches and basic outlines into fully fledged building designs in accordance with residential construction guidelines.
- Planning and building permit applications.
- Liaise with internal staff, including management and sales consultants.
This is a crucial role for an expanding business. There is always a substantial pipeline of new customers waiting to have their new home ideas turned into reality. You will be based at their very smart Bayswater office and show home location, occasionally working with other team members and occasionally working on your own.
This is an exceptional career opportunity for an enthusiastic and professional draftsperson with knowledge and experience of residential property and construction. There is genuine potential for a long and highly rewarding career, both financially and in terms of job satisfaction.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- A high level of self-motivation and professionalism, with excellent communication skills to interact with customers and create their dream home.
- 3 years or more residential housing design and drafting experience. First class detailing, documentation and project coordination capabilities.
- Knowledge and experience of ArchiCAD.
- Solid understanding of Victorian building regulations and statutory requirements, for example the BCA, ResCode and Australian Standards.
- Knowledge of Victorian planning law.
- Full eligibility to work in Australia.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package to attract the best, which will include negotiable salary, super and use of mobile phone and laptop. In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40168 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail.