Construction Project Manager – Geelong
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a commercial fit out and construction specialist servicing a highly profitable vertical market in Australia. They have both large scale national clients with multiple nationwide projects and numerous smaller clients with individual requirements.
They offer exceptional client outcomes by delivering projects on time and to budget. More importantly, they create unique commercial spaces for their clients, thanks to a talented internal team offering an end to end service.
Due to dramatic growth and an increase in existing and future projects, they are seeking to grow the team with a talented and professional Construction Project Manager.
Specific duties will involve;
- Work with National Construction Project Manager to ensure exceptional project outcomes for clients across multiple concurrent projects nationwide.
- Effectively manage contract administration for client projects, including project scheduling, purchase orders, cost control and variations.
- Understand and identify construction project challenges and problems to provide quality solutions for clients.
- Plan construction budgets and deliver effective cost control across projects to optimise profitability.
- Effectively manage all trades and services contractors/personnel. Identify and source trades and contract staff for interstate projects.
- Liaise with internal staff including the Directors, Project Manager, Site Manager and the Design team.
This is a crucial role for an expanding business. Superior delivery of projects for clients results in increased revenue opportunities and ensures the company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer service. This person will become a key member of an experienced and passionate team and offers long-term career development.
This role would suit someone with knowledge and experience of construction project management as well as solid contract administration capabilities who is looking to progress their career as part of a stable and growing business.
Consequently, to succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate;
- Degree in Construction Management or similar.
- Knowledge and experience of working on small to medium construction projects, ideally across a range of commercial projects. Office, retail, education or healthcare experience will be highly regarded.
- A sound understanding of construction contract administration.
- Enthusiastic, professional and committed to a quality customer experience.
- Capable negotiator and problem-solver, focused on results with attention to detail.
- Comfortable with occasional nationwide travel.
- Desire to develop your career and take on increased responsibility.
- Eligibility to work within Australia.
The client is based in the Geelong region and the role will be based at their HQ. Many of the projects are in Melbourne and wider Victoria but there will be some travel to client locations across Australia.
The company is offering an attractive remuneration package in line with experience and expectations.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40161 and we will be in touch with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail.