Technical Service Manager
Hill Start International Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment company working with quality clients to uncover exceptional career opportunities across Australia.
Our client is a nationwide distributor of specialist equipment and subsequent maintenance services to a highly profitable vertical market in Australia. They source and sell products of the highest quality which not only offer their clients exceptional outcomes but also require ongoing service and preventative maintenance. The previous Manager has been promoted to a new area of the business and for the first time in years there is currently a need for an experienced management professional to take over responsibility for all aspects of client equipment service and installation.
Specific duties will involve;
- Effectively manage the service division and its team members.
- Ensure exceptional outcomes for customers with faulty equipment, equipment that needs preventative maintenance service or installation of new equipment.
- Ensure all processes followed and service and maintenance jobs logged accordingly.
- Effectively manage 2 technicians, including KPIs, daily work schedules and timesheets.
- Plan and ensure service parts stock is up to date.
- Rigorously manage all administration including service cost dockets, client service and qualification reports and maintain information within the client system.
- Deal directly with clients where necessary to answer queries or keep updated regarding their equipment.
This is a crucial role for an ever expanding part of the business. Superior service management for clients results in increased revenue opportunities and has always been an important aspect of this company’s commitment to the highest standards of customer satisfaction.
This person will become a key member of an experienced and passionate management team and offers long-term career development and potential. This business is growing rapidly and has excellent prospects for the future. They have recently moved to larger premises to cope with continued growth.
Our client is flexible with regard to precise experience, but will value a commitment to a positive customer experience and quality service outcomes. This is a business based in Geelong and so will be looking to recruit someone willing to work at their HQ in Geelong every day.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate;
- Several years or more management experience. Previous product experience is not important (and not expected) as comprehensive training will be given.
- Strong and collaborative staff management skills to keep the experienced technicians working effectively. It is expected this team will grow in the short to medium term also.
- Excels at managing process and ensuring tasks completed on time and accurately documented.
- Positive about dealing with customers directly and effectively managing relationships with customers who have their own priorities.
- Willingness to work hard and become an active member of a very enthusiastic and professional team.
- Willing to undertake occasional travel to client locations.
The company is offering a superior remuneration package, which will include salary, super and team performance related bonus in line with experience and expectations. Equally important will be the long term career stability and potential.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and any accompanying information to the Director and Principal Consultant, Jeremy Hill, quoting reference JH40126 who will be in touch with you to discuss this in more detail. Should you require further information, confidentially, please feel free to call on 0424 122 179.